Lead Graphic Designer - Bristol
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Hours: Full Time
MPC is currently looking for a highly motivated and talented Lead Graphic Designer to join the team in our Bristol office. This is a fantastic role for an innovative self-starter, who wishes to influence the creative impact and design standards across the board. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow a small team and who can work with our project staff to understand the range of creative products we could and should be offering to clients. We want someone who gets excited by design and can get stuck in at all stages of the creative process — from concept to delivery.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will work across a wide range of creative disciplines including: branding, event, digital and print design for a number of high-profile clients as well as providing support on new business pitches. You will also look to grow our offer for video, infographics, animation and illustration. This is a varied role that requires a flexible approach as well as design flair and a keen eye for detail. You will act as brand guardian for MPC, ensuring all materials are consistently on-brand and on-message.
Job knowledge, skills and experience:
- Be a great communicator: collaborative, confident, decisive, open, inspirational and inquisitive
- 6+ years design experience in an in-house or agency environment
- Be able to mentor and nurture your creative team
- Be committed to working in partnership with the Creative and Project teams
- Support the leadership team with our company vision
- Always be organised, self-motivated, conscientious and responsible
- Uphold and improve internal processes
- Embrace and promote technical advancement
- Have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (Particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and Lightroom).
- Experience in video, animation and post-production (using Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Proven track record of seeing projects through from concept through to final delivery
- Strong attention to detail, ability to proof design work with a high level of accuracy
- Be focused and deadline driven, ensuring the job is completed on time, to a high standard and always fulfills the brief.
But what about the benefits?
MPC understands that if you give us your all, you deserve to be well rewarded in return. Along with the usual benefits of a competitive salary and company pension, we offer staff the opportunity to earn extra holiday or cash bonuses through our employee incentive scheme.
We strongly believe that the wellbeing of our staff is important, which is why we also offer other benefits such as flexible working and the option of joining our employee cycle scheme.