Junior Graphic Designer
Closing Date: 10th July 2019
Job Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Working For: Meeting Place Communications (MPC)
MPC is a dynamic and growing communications agency working with developers and communities to achieve successful outcomes in the residential, commercial, infrastructure and energy sectors. We have a proven record of providing creative solutions for promoting developments at a local and national level. Operating from four offices across England we bring together talented professionals from a background in politics, local government, business and journalism to create a unique communications skills-set that allows us to truly understand the key issues that matter most to our clients
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and talented junior graphic designer to join our busy team in the Bristol office. This is a fantastic role for a recent graduate or creative individual looking to take the next step in their career and get stuck in at all stages of the creative process — from concept to delivery.
Reporting to the Lead Graphic Designer and working closely with a middleweight designer, you will work across a wide range of creative disciplines — including; design for print and digital for a number of high-profile clients as well as providing internal design support and creative for new business pitches. This is a varied role that requires a flexible approach, attention to detail, as well as design flair and the ability to work as part of a team. You will act as a brand guardian for clients and MPC, ensuring all materials are consistently on-brand and on-message.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with design and artwork skills. Experience in online media, CMS driven site design. An interest in video production / editing would be a bonus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Experience of working in an in-house or agency environment is desirable
· Sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro)
· Demonstrated knowledge of designing for print and digital spaces
· Strong technical artwork skills
· Interest / skills in design for web applications. Squarespace, Wordpress or similar desirable.
· Ability to take concepts from initial brief through to final delivery
· Self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and individually
· Strong attention to detail, ability to proof design work with a high level of accuracy
· Ability to communicate with in-house project staff, suppliers and external clients
· Experience / interest in video, animation and post-production ( Premiere Pro / After Effects)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks without sacrificing quality
· Good understanding of the print production process
· Focused and deadline driven, ensuring the job is completed on time, to a high standard and always fulfils the brief.
· Keen to progress and to innovate within a deadline driven environment
Candidates are encouraged to apply before the closing date of the 10th July 2019. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Administrator – email@example.com with the subject line Junior Graphic Designer.