Internship 3 months
Closing Date: 18 April 2019
Job Title: Internship – 3 months
Working For: Meeting Place Communications (MPC)
Salary: In line with the national living wage
MPC are currently seeking to recruit an intern to work in our busy Chelmsford office. Our interns provide a range of research and support activities for the team and assist with marketing activities as required. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody wanting to work in PR, politics or public affairs and progress in their career.
As an Intern you will assist the team in providing high quality research and support to all our clients. You will have a keen interest in politics or public relations and how messages are best shaped and communicated. You will want to learn about how an agency works on a day to day basis, how different clients have varying needs and how best to respond accordingly. As such, in this role you will gain experience of – and exposure to – all the main disciplines of consultancy life.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well motivated and able to work under pressure using your own initiative. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results.
A little bit about MPC
MPC is a dynamic and growing communications agency working with developers and communities to achieve successful outcomes in the residential, commercial, infrastructure and energy sectors. We have a proven record of providing creative ideas for promoting developments at a local and national level. Operating from four offices across England we bring together talented professionals from a background in politics, local government, business and journalism to create a unique communications skills-set that allows us to truly understand the key issues that matter most to our clients.
· Maintain and update social media channels regularly for projects
· Monitoring the local and regional press, and local government activity across the region
· Attending local planning committees on occasion, and producing reports for the team
· Researching new business opportunities and monitoring regional activity within the trade press
· Assisting with key client accounts
· Providing day-to-day support on current projects
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Articulate, with good verbal and written communication
· Ability to carry out in-depth research
· The capability to work on multiple projects to deadlines
· Interest in politics or housing
· Ability to demonstrate drive, proactivity and thinking innovatively
· An interest in social media as a tool for engagement
· A proactive attitude, with the ability to manage your own workload and spot opportunities to add value for clients and the business
· A sense of humour and fun, and the ability to work as part of a tight-knit team
In return, we offer an opportunity to gain relevant professional experience before embarking on a career in an enjoyable working environment. The post is for an initial 3-month period with the opportunity for an extension or permanent role.
Closing Date: 18 April 2019
Candidates are encouraged to apply before the closing date of the 18th April. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Administrator – email@example.com with the subject line “Chelmsford Internship”.